Low Back Pain/Sciatica
Occupational Health, Safety and Chiropractic
- The total annual incremental cost of health care due to pain ranges from $560 billion to $635 billion (in 2011 dollars) in the United States, which combines the medical costs of pain care and the economic costs related to disability days and lost wages and productivity.
- Over half (52.7%) of the workforce surveyed reported having headache, back pain, arthritis, or other musculoskeletal pain in the past two weeks, and 12.7% of all workforce lost productive time in a two-week period due to pain.
- Headache (5.4%) was the most common pain condition prompting lost productive time: followed by back pain (3.2%), arthritis pain (2%) and other musculoskeletal pain (2%).
- Overall, workers lost an average of 4.6 hours per week of productive time due to a pain condition.
- Other musculoskeletal pain (5.5 hours/week) and arthritis or back pain (5.2 hours/week) produced the largest amounts of lost productive time.
READ THE REST OF THE FREE REPORT BEFORE YOU VISIT A CHIROPRACTOR!
Low Back Pain
New studies show a direct correlation between adolescent back pain often known as “growing pains” and continued adult-onset back pain. 50% of youngsters with low back pain will suffer a lifetime of repetitive occurrences.
“I am no longer experiencing lower back spasms and I have only been going here for a month. The spinefit class was awesome and I am excited for the changes in lifestyle to start showing up!” – Val Rud.
“When I first came in, I was having very painful lower back pain. Now after about 2 years, my back pain is much less and can do much more!” – Keith Von
The sciatic nerve in the longest nerve in the body; it starts in the low back, courses through the pelvic area, through the hip and buttocks, and down the back of the leg. Pain, numbness, tingling and burning sensations have been known to radiate along its course. Vertebral misalignment, pelvic or sacral misalignment, herniated discs or inflammations of muscles in the area are the most common causes of sciatica. See what Dr. Gerard has to say about Sciatica.
“It’s wonderful to no longer experience the pain caused by the pressure on my sciatic nerve, I am looking forward to NO MORE PAIN!” – Joellyn
The speed of the impact does not predict the risk of whiplash injury. Any accident even minor “fender-benders” can cause serious conditions and issues. Latest research says that accidents that occur between 5 and 10 mph are enough to cause double whiplash. Pain can develop months or years after the accident.
“I feel so much better and my mind isn’t foggy anymore. I weaned myself off Celebrex and feel great! I look forward to my adjustments as they have helped me so much. After my car accident I didn’t feel I would get back to feeling myself again. Thanks!” – Barb Pro.
More Back Pain Testimonials
“Since I started coming to Lakewoods Chiropractic I have been able to sleep through the night without neck and back pain. I also have improved in my Hockey playing, thanks Dr. Gerard.” – Chris Mil.
“I can’t remember not having low pain – especially with gardening. I just finished planting and my low back feels good. It’s nice to not always think about my back. Thanks!” – Cheryl Lec
“After my car accidents I had trouble sitting at my desk without crying in pain. Now I have no pain and use no ibuprofin. I rarely have headaches! I feel better than before the accident!” – Rachel Joh.
“Life has been improved. There is less pain in the neck, with more flexibility in the back. Also no back spasms in the lower spine area.” – Collette Sch
Minnesota's Top Chiropractor
255 Highway 97, # 2A,
Forest Lake, MN 55025
Phone: (651) 464-0800